So, you want to start going through the “Green Lifestyle”, but you are not sure where to start. How about the bathroom? Your bathroom is the right place to start because there are plenty of eco-friendly bathroom ideas for home improvement for you to choose from.
How to start by saving water? Your bathroom is where most water is wasted. Here are some home improvement ideas to make your bathroom environmentally friendly:
- Low Flow Aerator
You can install this low flow aerator on all your faucets and you can also get it on the shower head. This is good because what they do is add air to the water before coming out of the tap which in turn spreads the water to a much wider area. So, you don’t need to use as much water as possible for bathing, brushing your teeth, washing your face, etc. These low flow aerators limit the flow of water but they increase the strength and pressure of the water coming out, making it a smaller amount of water more effective.
- Paint your bathroom green, but it can be whatever color you want. Painting your bathroom will give you a nice new look, but you don’t need to spend a lot of money doing it. You also have to buy “green” paint, which is low paint or free of volatile organic compounds (VOC). This type of paint contains natural pigments from vegetable sources. Because the bathroom is generally a small space, you do not want to use paint containing hazardous vapors.
- The best way to save money and use less water is to increase your toilet. The old model toilet uses 3-5 gallons of water for each flush. Modern toilets only use one and a half gallons of water per flush. That is a savings of one half to three and one half gallon of water for each flush. If you add how many times you flush the toilet every day, you can see where this increase can save a lot of money. You will replace the cost of a new toilet in a short time. If you are really unable to update your toilet now, you can turn your older toilet into a low-flow toilet by putting a load on the tank.
To gain weight, find a container that is waterproof and rusty, such as a plastic milk jug or a 2 liter plastic soda bottle. Fill the bottle with gravel or sand and close it tightly. Put the bottle into the toilet tank, make sure the flapper, float, flush arm, and all the other components in the tank do not touch the bottle. The goal is to move some of the water in your toilet tank. When your tank is filled, it will fill with less water.
Another thing you can do if you are not in a position to replace the toilet is to install a dual-flush system in your old toilet. This gives your visitors the choice to use a little water or lots of water. You can buy and install this yourself around $ 30.00.
- Change your plastic shower curtain with those made from natural fibers. Plastic shower curtains emit toxic vapors due to the nature of soft plastic. You can buy linen or cotton curtains or make your own.
- Another option is a tankless water system for your bathroom. Instead of pulling hot water from your hot water heater, water is held in a separate reservoir. You don’t have to run water until it’s hot. Heated when passing the shower head or sink faucet. This change alone will save you a lot of money, not only on water but also on your electricity bill.
The kitchen is arguably one of the most used rooms in every household. This is where you prepare food for yourself and your family every day. Therefore, this is an important part of the house, and you must take good care of it. One way to keep your kitchen clean and fresh. You should clean it regularly and wash dishes immediately after eating. If not, your kitchen will become dirty and have an unpleasant odor.
You can also do some small repairs in your kitchen. Here are some tips that you can try:
- The first thing you can do to improve your kitchen is to redecorate the wall. The cheapest way to do this is to repaint. If the walls were originally painted with boring colors like white or pastel, you might want to try playing your kitchen by repainting them in bright tones like yellow or orange. Bright colors help improve your mood while you are cooking. Another way to renovate a kitchen wall is to use wallpaper. Wallpapers can create a modern and sophisticated atmosphere, making your kitchen look more stylish. You can easily find affordable options available at home improvement stores.
- Apart from redecorating the walls, you can also improve your kitchen furniture. This course requires a considerable amount of money. However, if your kitchen furniture has been used long enough, you can consider updating it. Even so, you can still minimize your budget by doing research online to find affordable furniture pieces. If you feel you want to save your own items, it will be better. It is always a good idea to adjust the walls of the furniture you are going to buy, otherwise you will not get a kitchen that looks good.
- The last thing you can do to improve your kitchen is to replace floor tiles. This might cost a lot of money. However, you can still make it affordable by choosing the right material and doing the installation yourself. Vinyl is by far the best material you might want to consider. It’s durable, waterproof, and most importantly: affordable.
All tips that you can do to make your kitchen look like new. It’s up to you to decide which improvement method is most suitable for your kitchen.
Generally home improvement proves to be an expensive idea for most homeowners. However, they were forced to take several improvement methods to remodel the house to increase market value. Money has always been a determining factor for all such home improvement ideas. Don’t worry if you don’t have enough funds to meet your home renovation needs at once. There must be simple but effective ideas that will allow you to maximize the available resources and will tame your utility bill that skyrocketed. You must be careful when choosing a range of products and must be energy efficient.
A single window pane is not energy efficient and will allow air to circulate inside and outside your home. It is strongly recommended to identify areas in your home that demand improvement and make them feasible in one go. Most homeowners will have at least one window that is broken glass will be doomed. These simple things must be a top priority because they can damage the beauty of the house. A popular replacement option available at a lower cost is a vinyl replacement window model and this can be the best choice for each individual. So what are the features of replacing vinyl windows as part of the idea of home improvement?
- Cheaper vinyl windows
- They have greater durability
- This window is made of PVC.
- They cannot be easily bent in the presence of water or moisture.
- They have a long life span too.
Vinyl windows can eventually block the heat that might enter your room. They dramatically block heat and other light waves that will prevent the entry of hot air during the summer. They come in a variety of colors and colors and homeowners can find one that matches the colors and requirements of their rooms. The main advantage of replacing vinyl windows is that there will be greater noise reduction from external sources. Now you can even sleep well when a dog snaps at you in a window.
The same type of protection is also offered by multiple panel windows. The “low-e” layer on the glass will prevent more extensive harmful UV radiation. This will protect the whole family from exposure to harmful sunlight. The window replacement method must provide a safe failure method as an additional precaution. Aesthetics can be another main reason for choosing it. This will give a more simple but stylish look with wood or frames in it that will come in various sizes.
Vinyl replacement windows can increase property values when you decide to make a sale. A recent study revealed that vinyl windows can really increase home prices by $ 20,000 – $ 30,000. With all of these points discussed, are you sure you have a vinyl window as your best replacement? Stop thinking and continue. They can provide the best solution.