We all know that home improvement projects are usually not cheap. In fact, many large-scale home improvement projects can run well into six figures. We will not talk about that today. Instead, we will show you our list of “top five under five” (one hundred, that is).
1) Throw on a new layer of paint. Face it, the boring cream color that you tolerate in your living room is ready for fresh colors. So what are you waiting for? Take a brush, place the children at work, and refresh the area. Finish by hanging new artwork or photos.
2) Clean your drain system. Somewhere between $ 150 to $ 500 (on average), you can get this for you. And this small business has a big impact! Your heater will run more efficiently (save you money), and you will realize a real improvement in the air quality of your home. If you have allergies or respiratory problems, this is a not-expensive project to make it a top priority!
3) Clean your carpet. Most people wait too long to clean the carpet professionally. Stains, pet hair, and allergens will eventually reach you. Don’t wait until it’s too late! Once a year (that’s right, mark your calendar now), clean the carpet. If you or a loved one suffers from allergies, you will be grateful that you complete this every year without fail. Your carpet will last longer and look better too. For around 20 cents per square foot, this increase is likely to make you less than $ 500.
4) Install an outdoor fire pit on your yard. Hey, it’s getting cold outside, so it’s a good idea. This project will burden you with good sweat capital, but it will be very useful for years to come. Keep warm and eat s’mores!
5) Rent a carpenter or handyman! How dare we say that? Of course we do! Many of the projects that you need (or want) to do around your home can be done with $ 500 or less. Drywall repairs, door and window repairs, sewer cleaning, storm window installation, and leaking faucet repairs are just a few cheap projects. Remember that you may have to pay a fee just to get a contractor to your home, so have them come out and take care of several projects for you at once.